Fun Fact: Despite its large size, Mamey sapote is botanically considered a berry.
Mamey, also known as Pouteria sapota is native to the Caribbean Island of Cuba as well as South America and Mexico. Our mamey is sourced from a certified organic farms located in South Florida. There are three main varieties that we harvest year round: Pace, Magana and Key West. Mamey is a football shaped fruit with rough brown skin. The flesh is salmon pink to bright red in color and is soft and smooth in texture. The taste is sweet and unique, like a cross between Pumpkin, Sweet Potato and Papaya.
- Being that fruit comes in all different sizes and weight, we aim to pack our boxes to maximum capacity
- When you place an order please be aware of delivery times to receive your box, as fruit will ripen quickly in the outdoor heat.
- WE PACK ORDERS FOR SHIPPING AT THE BEGINNING OF THE WEEK FOLLOWING YOUR PURCHASE DATE. ORDERS DO NOT SHIP UPON PURCHASE.
- *Sampler Box contains approximately 1.5-2 pounds *
- *Medium Box contains approximately 5-7 pounds *
- *Large Box contains approximately 10-12 pounds*
Your Mamey will arrive unripe and hard. When ripe it becomes soft to the touch. When ready to eat cut length wise, remove the large brown inedible seed and enjoy. The skin is not consumed.